- 2 sesame bagels
- Vegetable Cream Cheese, recipe follows
- 4 slices smoked salmon
Slice the bagels in half horizontally and spread 1 tablespoon of the vegetable cream cheese over the bottom half of each bagel. Arrange 2 slices of smoked salmon over the cream cheese and place the remaining bagel halves on top. Cut the bagels in half crosswise and serve.
Vegetable Cream Cheese:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped radish (2 radishes)
- 2 to 3 pinches kosher salt
- 1 pinch finely ground black pepper
Place the cream cheese, scallions, carrot, celery, radish, salt, and pepper in the bowl of an electricmixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on low speed until blended.
Yield: 6 servings